Today I wanted to share with you this little hope chest/bench that my husband and I bought at a used furniture shop for $75.
We hated the cover (obviously - it's disgusting). Before purchasing we figured we should see just how simple or not simple this would be. It turns out the cushion is simply screwed to the inside.
I wanted to change the color of it, and we thought spray painting might be a total disaster. We decided to give it a go anyway. :) We bought 4 bottles of white spray so that it would match the other furniture in our home.
Turns out the spray paint works! It didn't look runny or cheap and it went on like a gem!
While it dried, I picked out some fabric to cover it. It was actually very simple to do. I have become best friends with my staple gun that my dad bought me! I now feel like I can reupholster anything! (side not - turns out other reupholstery projects are quite difficult).
Anyway, after I finished the cushion, I decided that I liked it, but I wanted it to make more of a statement in our entryway. Don't get me wrong, it was cute... just not exactly what I was hoping for.
So, after requesting 3 different fabric samples, bringing them home, showing my husband, and finally going back to Hobby Lobby, I found the perfect fabric. It's a thicker, sturdier fabric, and I absolutely LOVE it.
That's all for my first Monday Made It post! I can't wait to hear what you all have been creating this summer!